Tuesday, November 30, 2004

"OMG! You can't talk about that!"

Ok, I know this isnt what's considered "appropriate" material but I think its high time that issue be addressed.

Ever since we all first learned about that dangerous little 3-letter word, we were told repetedly to avoid all things that had to do with S-E-X. Here we are people, 17 years old and up, still being told that its wrong!

I believe there are 3 kinds of people when it comes to sex. No, not "Str8-bi-gay" kind of people, but rather people seperated by their beliefs on the subject.

Group number one, probably the most played out group on all of television. The horny people. These men and women believe that we should never wear pants, or even leave the bed for that matter. Their mission in life is to burn rubber; litterally. They believe that sex should be free and participated in as often as possible. Is this healthy?! Yeah sure you lose tons of weight and stay in shape but after a while, if you're a guy, things will stop working.

Group number two: The "pure souls". Now, I have absolutly nothing against anyone's religious beliefs and totaly respect a person's decision to abstain, but come on people, get realistic. You are not going to rid the world of "sinners". When I see these people, I often wonder just what their parents told them when they were growing up. Dont get me wrong, I have a couple friends with this thought process and I wouldnt try to change them for the world, but I have have to admit that I dissagree with their philosophy.

Finally, Group number three; MY group. These are the people believe that, yes there should be boundries (i.e = being like 13 years old) but that sex is completly natural. In my opinion, sex is a natural instinct instilled on us by whatever diety or science you follow. Repressing that urge is like denying a part of yourself, but at the same time its not the biggest thing in life. When a person is physically AND emotionally ready, they should be able to explore a new part of life as long as the proper precautions are taken (Birth Control, Condoms, STD testing, etc). Im not saying to go out and start banging people, but dont be afraid to learn. There is a wide range of material to access about sex from the Health Department to internet articles. Parents have too much of a hard time talking to their kids about it, and that usually leads to the child becoming a member of either of the groups above. No one should be AFRAID of sex as it's a part of all human and animal life.

Again, This is only my view on the topic and I apologize for anyone that I may have offended while expressing my views but if you didnt like what you were reading or are too young to read it, you should have left at the beginning. IF you have anything to add, please dont be afraid to post a comment below.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm group number 3 'cept I don't agree w/ the age thing b/c if 2 ppl are in love, age shouldn't matter as long as one isn't taking advantage of the other. If a 13 year old wants to have sex, if they are truly in love, they should be allowed to have sex....I just think that it is extremely rare that someone that young is in love...they'd have to prove that the older person isn't taking advantage of them.
-Levi

November 30, 2004 at 9:12 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

i know exactly what group youd classify me in josh,but i disagree.true, i dont believe in sex before marrige,but i also dont think that having this moral will "rid the world of sinners".i think you did a really good job getting the general idea of the groups across from your point of view.

November 30, 2004 at 10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree whole-heartidly on your three groups. I fall in the third, but I lean a little towards the first.

-Rob "potatoman"

December 6, 2004 at 10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home